New Neighbors activities are places to create and strengthen friendships. Looks at all the fun you can have doing that!
How do I sign up for an activity?
Even though you indicated your interest in an activity when you registered, you still need to sign up to participate.
- You can sign up for most activities at any time.
- See descriptions below or click here to check the calendar listing.
For some activities, sign-up is limited to once a month:
- On the 15th of each month you’ll receive an email informing you of these events and activities. These events are also listed here.
- You can sign up beginning at 8:00 am on the 18th of the month. Popular activities with limited participation sell out quickly—be sure to set your alarm on the 18th so you don’t miss out!
- Activities that require payment will have an Eventbrite link, where you will pay with a credit card. You can register and pay from a computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
Arts & Crafts
Come join the group in creative endeavors. Small groups will experience different artistic experiences throughout the year …
Join the discussion with local and national authors reading from books and discussing their journey in writing them …
Needle Arts is a social gathering where you are given two quality hours to work on that creative stitching project while enjoying fellowship …
- We meet every 2nd and 4th Monday, 3-5 PM.
- There is no cost.
- Needle Arts is hosted in members’ homes and announced prior to each date.
- To join the group and be included on the email list noting the host and location, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elena Boshier, Carolyn DeFrancesco and Lauren Leskosky
Get your Saturday started right with an hour-long bike ride. Rides are at a leisurely pace, allowing participants to meet one another/talk while riding along the beautiful paths and streets of the Landings …
- We ride every other Saturday. We always meet at 9 AM in The Landings Association (TLA) parking lot, near the playing fields restrooms.
- The rides last from 60-75 minutes with 1 to 2 stops.
- Please wear your helmet, NN name tag and bring a water bottle.
- If it is raining or the roads are wet we will not ride. We always evaluate weather conditions the morning of the ride and inform all participants by email.
- If you’re interested in New Neighbors Biking activity, please email us at: email@example.com
David Ryan, Renee Libby, Budd Libby and Mike Andrechak
Golf – Ladies 9-Hole
Calling all New Neighbors women 9-hole golfers with some degree of golf experience, including a basic knowledge of golf rules and the pace of play …
- We play 9 holes on Wednesday afternoons. Landings Club Golf membership required.
- A USGA handicap is encouraged but not required.
- We are a fun, welcoming group so plan to stay afterwards to meet other new neighbors.
- Walkers and players without carts are welcome.
- To join, please contact the co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once registered, you will receive a Google Sheets to indicate your availability, which is due Thursday at midnight the week before the next Wednesday play date.
- We look forward to seeing you on the course!
Cathy Delaney, Leslie Brueske, Chris Rudy and Mary Ryan
Golf – Ladies 18-Hole
New Neighbors women play 18 holes on Thursday mornings. A USGA handicap is encouraged but not required …
- NN18’s main goal is to foster a community of women that enjoy golf, want to meet fellow golfers and have fun.
- When players can, we gather after rounds for a club refreshment and on the days when we play a game, toast the winners.
- We welcome women of all golfing abilities – don’t have a handicap index? No problem, join us and we’ll help you establish one.
- We have many women that walk, more that ride and those that play from various tee boxes.
- We play a round in 4 hours, the standard Landings Club time.
- Landings Club Golf membership required.
- For questions and to sign up for play, please email email@example.com
Lisa Traina, Denise Case, Linda Alper and Suzanne Doggett
Golf – Mens
New Neighbors men play 18 holes on Wednesdays, rotating among the six Club courses …
- We play Wednesdays starting between 8am – 1pm.
- NN Men’s Golf is a great way to meet people and get involved in the golfing community at The Landings.
- We currently have over 100 golfers divided into four groups.
- Landings Club Golf membership and a USGA handicap of 32 or less is required.
- Contact Bret Hardy at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to sign up.
Bret Hardy, Lee Howard, Chuck Murphy and Mark Grossi
Golf – Mixed Doubles
Several times a year, mixed doubles play on Sunday, followed by dinner, dancing and prizes …
It’s the fastest-growing sport in the U.S. for good reason. Pickleball is an easy game to learn and fun to play …
- New Neighbors Pickleball is primarily a social activity for players at all levels.
- We play every Saturday morning from 10:45am – 12:45pm. Meet at the Franklin Creek Courts, on your left as you pull in the driveway.
- We will supply racquets and balls and show you how to play and keep score.
- Outdoor tennis or court shoes are highly recommended.
- Bring your own drinking water and towel.
- Call the rain line if weather is threatening: 912-598-3450.
- Landings Club Athletic or Golf membership required.
- Questions or to sign up for regular emails with details for playing, contact: email@example.com.
Play recreational games with other members. Landings Club Athletic or Golf membership required …
Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning you’re invited to join other members for a 45 minute walk …
Breakfast Among Men
Join your fellow NN guys at the Marshwood Club for stimulating conversation over breakfast …
Stretch your cooking skills and help create a themed gourmet meal with wine pairings, hosted at multiple members’ homes …
Ladies Lunch Bunch
Savor a fabulous lunch with the gals at local restaurants …
Ladies Breakfast & Brunch
Once a month, join the ladies for breakfast and conversation at a different Savannah-area restaurant…
Experience and explore the diverse food and beverage resources in Savannah …
Enjoy an afternoon of relaxed and fun bridge games twice a month.
Roll the dice and socialize with the Bunco group monthly. Lots of laughs, but no experience needed!
A “cool” indoor way to enjoy an afternoon where all experience levels – including those new to the game who want to learn – are welcome.
Enjoy Mah Jongg lunch and dinner events scheduled every month, or just drop in scheduled mornings for two hours of fun.
Cupcakes for Kids
Put a smile on a child’s face—bake and decorate cupcakes for children in the local SAFE shelter.
Enjoy a fun and casual evening getting to know your New Neighbor members. Small groups will gather monthly for appetizers, cocktails and appetizers.
Enjoy a monthly evening at a New Neighbor’s home with other members who have lived abroad.
- Must have lived in another country for a minimum of a year.
- The must contact the chairpersons (below) before attending any of the events. Please provide the country where you resided in your email.
- Check the schedule to sign up >
Carla Sadik Blumenthal, Sandy Hodge, Pam Orient and Dorcas Popp, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission Statement and Mantra: “There is no competition among Wild Women. They are too damn Wild to be caught in a tiny space of envy. Instead, they dance together and allow the good to flow abundantly to them”.
New Neighbors Featured Events
This is the place to meet other New Neighbors and our biggest blow-out social events of the year.
Boating – NN on the Water
Everything looks different when you’re on the water! Your NN captain will show you the sights and you’ll enjoy a meal at a water-side restaurant before heading home.
Get to know Savannah on these trips to important Savannah area businesses and facilities. Explore the area’s historic and cultural sites with informative and experienced guides who know all the historic secrets.
Learn about Savannah area’s rich military history and tour local bases and installations.