Meet your new best friends while having the time of your life!
Sign Up for Activities:
Tired of logging in?
Next time you log into the NN website, select “Remember Me” and stay logged in for six months.
Dec 2022 Activities Announcement
Previous months’ eBlasts have largely featured the numerous Special Events brought to you by our respective Activity Chairs. These will continue to be highlighted, but…
Speaking of which, our Biking Activities Team wants to remind any NN member who is interested that it meets every other Saturday (except Christmas Eve) at 9:00 a.m. at The Landings Association office.
Remember to mark your calendar for Friday, November 18th @ 8:00 a.m. to sign-up for any (or all) of the events below.
SPECIAL EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
- Rescheduled from November 15th, the Massie Heritage Center is the site of this month’s Discover Savannah activity. Learn of the fascinating history that Massie has played in Georgia’s history.
- “Winter Holidays in Scandinavia” is the theme for this month’s International Group potluck dinner.
- Ladies Breakfast & Brunch Holiday Potluck will be held at the Delegal Sunset Pavilion. Note on the calendar link how your “last name” equates to what you will bring to share.
- Join the Arts & Crafts Chairs to learn “how to” and then create your own deco mesh door holiday wreaths at the Delegal Sunset Pavilion.
- Members are encouraged to join Community Service – Second Harvest Chairs at the Second Harvest of Coastal Georgia facility on Causton Bluff Road to help package meals to later be delivered to families in need.
- As the moon grows full for the final time in 2022, join fellow Nature Tour enthusiasts on a ranger-led moonlight hike at Skidaway State Park.
- To celebrate the end of the year and Holiday season, Ladies Lunch Bunch invites you to a buffet style luncheon at the Marshwood Club.
ODDS & ENDS
Note that the Menu Planning Meeting for the January Gourmet Dinner will be two days from now – Thursday, November 17th in the Peach Tree Room at Deer Creek. Check the Calendar link for details.
Our Discover Savannah Chairs have partnered with the Friends of Cathedral Music for “Christmas at the Cathedral” on December 18th. Tickets sell fast – check-out the calendar link.
In the spirit of the season, the November Ladies 9 and Ladies 18 Golf play are Holiday-themed.
As always, to learn more about any Activity – Recurring or Special – simply click on the associated description on the NN calendar.
Here’s to enjoying the company of family and friends……. We wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!
NN Activity Co-VP’s, Joe Krisch & Steve Brueske
November 15, 2022
Welcome to Our Newest Neighbors
- Chris Benzon, Ellicott City, MD
- Peter DeRestie and Kathy Sawtelle
- Geoff Hamilton and Fredda Morgan, Copper Mountain, CO
- Jane Hoven, Marietta, GA
- Chip and Anne Kelley, Cape Elizabeth, ME
- Phil and Marlise Libby, Bridgton, ME
- Scott and Dina Linfoot, Savannah, GA
- Read McNamara, Nashville, TN
- Jerry and JoAnn Meisel, St. Simons Island, GA
- Kevin and Ruth Price, Norfolk, VA
- Leah and Lynn Shimer, Indian Lake, PA
- Julie Skibniewski, Montclair, NJ
- Mark and Irene Snowberger, Bluffton, SC
- Ed Suleski, Wakefield, NH
- Jim and Tina Thomas, Kennesaw, GA
- Jim and Kay Yablecki, Simsbury, CT
November 1, 2022
November E-News 2022
It’s hard to believe that the holiday season is on our doorstep! Everyone will be enjoying friends, family, scrumptious food, and ample adult refreshments over the next two months.
Leading into the season, New Neighbors has a great variety of experiences organized for you to enjoy. I hope you were able to sign up for the activities geared to your specific interest areas. Couples Golf, community service at Second Harvest, breakfast-brunch-lunch-international dinners for men and women, and a variety of tours are just some of the offerings this month.
Landings Club Board of Governors Election
Don’t forget to submit your ballot to elect three new Board of Governors. You have until November 8th to complete the process by mailing your vote or using the online submission option.
The Board will be making several significant strategic and financial choices in the next 12-24 months that will affect all of us. Please take a moment to vet each candidate, and vote for those individuals that you believe will support the issues that you value.
Every vote is consequential. Please exercise your right to make your preferences known.
NN Board Interest
Looking ahead to December, I’ll begin the process of building a nominating committee to identify next year’s Board of Directors. We’re always looking for people with passion, creativity, leadership, and financial awareness to lead our organization in subsequent years.
I’d love to hear from you in advance of this process if you have interest in serving in any of a wide range of capacities. We are a volunteer-led group, so we constantly seek the next group of people that want to propel our program forward.
NN Website Improvements
I hope you’ve noticed the improvements made to the New Neighbors website. Our Digital team has implemented numerous changes, based on your input, to make the experience easier and more intuitive. We also just implemented an improved registration process that will allow the next series of New Neighbors to navigate the process faster and more efficiently.
Effective technology is what will help us thrive in future years and we are fortunate to have several technically savvy people on our current Board.
Have a great month.
Landings New Neighbors
November 1, 2022